As promised, here’s the recipe for Green Eggs and Pan(eer) – and yes, that’s a Dr. Seuss pun.
With a limited list of allowed ingredients for my diet, mother and I are trying to get as creative as possible with my meals to keep me motivated.
- 100gms Spinach, boiled
- 4 egg whites
- 0.5 tsp garlic paste
- Half onion, chopped
- 50gm paneer
- 30gm boiled rice
- 5gms butter
- After cleaning and boiling the Spinach, mix it in a blender for a couple minutes until it is a smooth purée. Make sure only the Spinach is blended with no additional water.
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites and add to the blender with the garlic paste. Blend for a couple minutes until Spinach and egg whites are a smooth green colour.
- In a pan, heat the butter and lightly fry the onions and paneer. Once the paneer is slightly brown and a little crisp on the outsides, remove it and the onions from the pan and set to one side.
- Scramble the eggs and spinach in the same pan using the residual butter left over. Be sure to do this on a higher heat as simmering the eggs and spinach will lead to water escaping the Spinach.
- Combine the eggs and paneer once the eggs are cooked and serve with a dash of salt. (optional: serve with a side of plain boiled rice)
Ta-dah! You now have Green Eggs and Pan(eer)!
If you do try out this recipe, let me know how it goes and if you varied it at all!